In high school we went to the MET a lot. We were learning about world religions. The Burning of Sodom was one of the paintings we were going to see. I looked at it online on google images so I can get an idea of the painting and what we were going to be looking at. When I saw it, I didn’t see a lot of details on the picture or knew any information about it. I didn’t see no fire I assumed the painting was dark because it was old and the colors were washed out. The only thing that caught my attention was a man and his three daughters fleeing from someone or something. I didn’t know the reason why Sodom was burning. Then I saw the painting in person I notice how big it was and the details were more clear. The sky so dark and grey, the angel in the sky throwing fire, and one of the angel leading Lot and his two daughters away from everything that was happening in Sodom. That’s when I learn about Sodom and why the Angel was burning it. It’s better to understand a painting when you’re looking at it up close than just seeing a picture online. You can learn so much. 

1 thought on “