Change begin with me

In episode 2 of Ways of Seeing, Berger examines painting of the women nude and talk about depict women as they are or as men would like them to be. Berger’s point out that nakedness is an object in an European oil paintings. He says that nakedness is one self alone and nude is how women have been seen. This distinction is ways out for sexual pleasure of the viewer. Berger show how the nude in European art completely objectify women. This become an ongoing situation in our society, that is now #MeTooMovement which is against sexual harassment and sexual assault. In this movement women from all over the globe for example actresses, workers, business women, and from other fields come together and share what happened to them. I feel like men treated women like an object. In addition, Men think that women as a tissue so they could use them and throw them whenever they want. It’s like women have no value in society.  I’ve seen these kind of problems in my society where if the girl family find out that she had boyfriend they will not let her go out anywhere alone and in the boy family it’s not a big deal. Society and the boy family will claim that this girl trapped their innocent boy by sweet words which is totally wrong. This apply Berger’s reliance that fairness between men and women largely in our society.

Meet Oshrat Kotler, the journalist who spoke out on live TV

An Israeli TV executive resigned after Oshrat Kotler, an anchor at Israel’s Channel 10 news, accused him of making an indecent proposal.