LGBTQ Rights Movement

This photo was taken by Diana Davies at the beginning of gay rights movement in the 1970s. It’s an image of Donna Gottshalk, a famous lesbian photographer, holding up a sign written on it “I am your worst fear / I am your best fantasy”. Her attitude shows a great confidence and a mighty confrontation. She is addressing men, and she is kind of trying to say that “I am the one who satisfies your desires, but sorry for that you can not force me to do anything”. The way how she stands and looks and what wrote in the sign, all in all, it gives a strong message which I really like to discuss. In this world, we could ask women about anything in their lives and how they live, but we can’t do that with men. Why? I have no idea. If I ask someone this question, the answer is simple “Because you are a woman”, and I am curious to know what does it mean to be a woman for society. Maybe they don’t acknowledge her as a human being, who knows. Women are really victims in society. She is persecuted in anything. If we look at any anything in this life, we see that women are inferior even in their salaries. Overall, it’s such a sensitive issue and I will talk about it more in my paper 1. 

1 thought on “LGBTQ Rights Movement