Entertainment vs Reality

Television is always the main source of my procrastination. If I’m watching a series on Netflix, I will watch multiple episodes and look at the time and notice how it just vanished. Watching Netflix all day definitely doesn’t make me feel good when I reflect back, but it’s addicting. Now I have many assignments to rush through and my day is gone. A lot of these sources of entertainment distract us from the real world and cause us to rely on our devices for entertainment instead of getting our entertainment through experiences. They even distract people with little self control from their responsibilities causing them to neglect their own lives. 

I don’t blame the devices themselves because we, the people produce the entertainment and encourage it. There isn’t enough emphasis on building up your own life. We see all of these celebrities on social media and tv screens and want to be like them but while you’re spending time admiring them, there’s homework left undone, a job you’re running late for and tasks you can’t complete anymore, because you spent too much time on your phone or tv this morning. It is important to know your limits and use them without forgetting about your own life and responsibilities.

Image result for couch potato