REALITIES

In “ways of seeing” by John Berger, Berger said that we cannot perceive the same when we are watching a picture by a camera than when we go to a museum or church to see it. We cannot compare the feeling of what the painter want to transmit us by their work than what we can see through a video camera.

Even when a camera is a good invention that allow us to know places without traveling, it is not the same to know them in person. The feeling and reactions are different. For example when  I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) I could realize that most of the exhibitions were in the same mood, and this allowed me to saw the paintings in a different perspective than when I google it at my phone.

Another clear example of this are the social media, when we visit a profile of a person we see what she/he want to show to us, this mean that we cannot know for real the person that is using it. It can be fake or it can be only appearances. That is why i choose this tool to explain why social network are also a brief view of the reality of the person.

In this picture I can see a beautiful model, that travel a lot, always happy, with a lot of friends, she always seem to  like what she is doing.

In another hand, I dont know her, this is just my perspective about what can I see in her profile.Maybe people will think the opposite of me,  but that is how it works, one picture can bring different points of view.