Here we are again

The use of technology has changed our perception of life in many different ways, to the point that it is almost impossible to think of a world in which smartphones, computers, or any other technological devices does not exist. This, with no doubt has great advantages and it has made our lives easier throughout the years. However, it also has some pitfalls to it because sometimes we get so trapped into technology that we become completely unaware of what is happening around us and forget to take care of important things in our lives. Multiple times, it has happened to me that i lose track of time whenever im using my phone. For example, when I go to bed at night, with the intentions of “sleeping”, I always grab my phone and start watching netflix or sometimes i just read books that I can find online. When I do this, I tend to forget about time and find myself being still awake at 3 am when I know very well that I have to wake up early for class the next day. For this reason, it is important for us as people to learn how to manage our time and not let technology take away our wellness and productivity; instead, we should use it wisely and know when to put a limit to it. We should use more of our time to be present and share with others.